The blood group of type A appeared 20,000 years ago, as a result of the adaptation of the hunter to the need to find new sources of livelihood due to the lack of game.
Some men first learned to feed on wild fruits and then to cultivate the land, turning from carnivores to vegetarians; furthermore, having become sedentary, they organized themselves into more and more numerous communities, exposing themselves to a greater risk of contracting diseases communicable by their own kind.
It was a huge change to which these men would not have survived without an adjustment of their physical characteristics: the triggered evolutionary process selected specimens capable of making the most of plant nutrients and effectively defending themselves against infection.
All this could not have happened without a mutation of the characteristics of the blood (which plays a fundamental role for the proper functioning of the digestive system and the immune system – see the “Blood groups and nutrition” section), generating a new blood group: the group A.
The members of group A have inherited from their predecessors a poor tolerance of animal proteins and an immune system effective against viral infections and resistant to changes but weak towards bacterial diseases (eg: bronchitis) and not paying attention to of cancer cells that do not immediately recognize as enemies.
Even the physical needs of the new man changed: while the hunter man needed great strength and physical resistance to successfully complete exhausting hunting parties, the peasant man carried out activities that required above all patience, resistance and a spirit of solidarity.
All this can be found today in the typical impatience of the members of group A towards any kind of stressful situation. For this reason, the heirs of the first peasant men should choose physical activities that favor constancy, resistance and concentration, such as martial arts and yoga that promote relaxation, but also stretching, cycling and swimming.
Type A characteristics
Type A people (that is, in possession of the antigen A on the red blood cell membrane) receive greater beneficial effects by carrying out a vegetarian diet, particularly with natural and fresh foods. It belongs to the genetic thread of the first agricultural settlements and the domestication of animals.
We could thus summarize the type A profile
- it is the first vegetarian: it requires a peasant diet to stay in line and conserve energy.
- has a sensitive digestive system
- has an immune system that is too tolerant and not very alert
- suitable for stable environmental and dietary conditions
- reacts well to stress by practicing relaxing activities
Type A is predisposed to cardiovascular disorders and hyperglycemia due to reduced pancreatic insulin activity. After taking unsuitable foods (red meat), his renal apparatus performs less excretory activity with fluid retention, his digestive system has a slower digestive process and generally feels numb and tired.
Group A, unlike group 0, suffers in particular from a lower acidity in the gastric cavity which does not allow a total demolition of meat proteins. Dairy products also slow down their metabolism and because they are rich in saturated fats, they are a danger to the artery wall.
Wheat is considered ambivalent: if ingested in excessive quantities it causes excessive acidity at the level of the muscles leading to greater fatigue (unlike group 0 where the muscles tend to work better if maintained in a slight acidosis condition)
Let’s now see together what determine weight gain for Group A
- meat because it is poorly digested and favors the accumulation of fats and toxins
- milk and dairy products because they slow down the metabolism of other nutrients
- Spanish beans and lima beans because they interfere with digestive enzymes and slow down the metabolism
- excess wheat because it inhibits insulin activity and hinders the utilization of calories
Consequently what causes weight loss for the Group A
- vegetable oils because they make digestion more efficient and prevent fluid retention
- soy-based foods because they make digestion more efficient and are metabolized rapidly
- vegetables because they are rapidly metabolized and increase intestinal motility
- pineapple because it increases the utilization of calories and intestinal motility.
That’s great, we have now shine some light to the origins of this blood group type A and reviewed it in details. Next week we will talk of diet and nutrition for the blood group type A. Until then, I wish a great reading to any other articles from this blog and if you haven’t done so, you can also follow us in Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, (links below).
Franco defines itself as a person trapped in a sedentary lifestyle, however, he is an avid fitness “addict” and like, many more in his environment spends vast parts of his leisure time on a gym, running, cycling.