Perseverance is willpower, understood as the ability to constantly implement free choices for improvement. Strength of will and desire, if well combined, constitute an irresistible couple.
Perseverance has always been the difference between success and failure. This is the quality that more than any other limits the majority of people in major achievements, they would like to undertake some business but, as soon as the journey becomes difficult, they give up.
The experience of thousands of individuals has shown that lack of perseverance is a common weakness of the great majority of them, but it is a weakness that can be overcome with will.
If you want to fulfill your desire, you must get used to perseverance.
When things become obscure and it will seem to you that there is no reason to continue, when everything in you will tell you to renounce, not to continue to try, it will be precisely then that adults will be distinguished from children; it will be precisely at that point that, if you have the strength to walk a few more meters and go ahead, the horizon will clear and you will begin to see the first signs of that abundance that will have to be yours, since you have had the courage to persevere.
With perseverance, success will come.
Perseverance is an essential factor in transforming desire into its physical equivalent. People who are very successful are generally known as cold-blooded, and sometimes ruthless, but often it is a misunderstanding: what they have is the strength of will that they combine with perseverance in trying to realize their desires for the achieving their goals. Most people are ready to throw away their goals and goals, to surrender to the first difficulty or misfortune. There would be nothing heroic in the word “perseverance”, but the quality lies in the character of man as coal is to steel.
Only if you are one of the few people out of a hundred, who already have a precise goal to achieve and a safe program for obtaining it, can you ignore these line of thought.
The lack of perseverance is one of the major causes of failure, even more so, the experience made with thousands of people has proved that the lack of perseverance is a common weakness to most people, the ease with which this lack can be hard fought will depend entirely on the intensity of your desire.
The starting point of all conquests is desire, keep this constantly present, weak desires bring weak results, just as little fire gives little heat. If you think you have little perseverance, you can make up for it by setting your desires on fire.
Get out form mental inertia
To get out of mental inertia, it will be useful to start by moving slowly, then increasing the speed until you have completely controlled your will. Be persevering, even if you initially have to move slowly.
Many people who achieved great success did so because they needed it, they developed the habit of perseverance because they were forced by circumstances; therefore they had to become persevering. Those who have cultivated the habit of perseverance seem to enjoy a policy against failure, no matter how many times they are defeated, they eventually arrive on the summit.
There often seems to be a hidden “Guide” whose task is to put people to the test, proposing all kinds of discouraging experiences. Those who manage to recover after a defeat, and continue to try, end up coming, and the world then shouts “good! I knew you would have succeeded”. It is therefore necessary to go through the examination of perseverance, those who fail to pass this exam simply do not reach the goal, those who succeed will be rewarded with achieving the desired goal. And this is not all, as they will receive something much more important: they will receive the teaching that “every defeat brings with it the seed of an equivalent success”.
What can you do to practice being persevering
Perseverance is a state of mind, so it can be cultivated. Like all mental states, perseverance is based on very precise bases, including:
- Accuracy of purpose: Knowing what you want is the first thing, and perhaps the most important, to develop perseverance. Strong motivation helps to overcome many difficulties.
- Desire: it is certainly easier to acquire and maintain perseverance when one intends to pursue an objective supported by an intense desire.
- Self-confidence: Belief in one’s ability to achieve a result encourages you to follow the plan with perseverance. Self-confidence can be developed through synthetic experience and self-image.
- Accuracy in programs: Precise programs, although they may initially be scarce, encourage perseverance, the completeness of such plans will occur almost spontaneously after you have sufficiently trained your mind.
- Accurate knowledge: Knowing that your projects are firmly based on acquired experience and specific knowledge encourages perseverance.
- Cooperation: Sympathy, understanding and harmonious cooperation with others tend to develop perseverance.
- Willpower: The habit of concentrating one’s thoughts on the planned goals, for the achievement of a specific purpose, involves perseverance.
- Habit: Perseverance is the direct result of habit. The mind absorbs and becomes an integral part of the daily experiences from which it feeds.
Develop your perseverance further
Here are some simple steps to get used to having perseverance. They do not require much intelligence or particular culture, but only a little time and application.
The steps are:
- A precise destination, supported by a burning desire to reach it.
- A very precise program that takes the form of continuous action.
- A mind closed to all negative and discouraging influences, including negative suggestions from relatives, friends and acquaintances.
- The union with one or more people who encourage them to continue with a well-defined and precise schedule.
Go ahead now, the choice is yours.
He is one of the most appreciated experts in Effective and Persuasive Communication and one of the few teachers of Public Speaking that constantly continues the activity of presenter.